Sunday, October 23, 2011

What a great time!

So...I stayed at my friends' house last week to help take care of their animals while they were on vacation. It was fun, but I am definitely thankful to be back in more familiar surroundings.

Yesterday was Cora's birthday party. It was SO MUCH FUN! I have to admit, I was a little nervous about helping with the bracelets and face paint (a bunch of 7 and 8 year old girls are definitely interesting to be around), but it ended up being the most fun I've had in a while.

So...

When I got there, Kait and I rushed Cora (dressed as Dorothy, complete with Toto) to get ready for her birthday surprise. She had no idea we were getting birthday manicures until we walked into the room. We even had to tell her! It was so great. She was really calm, so I wasn't sure about her level of excitement, but after a while, I realized she was just a little nervous. They took special care of her and Kaitlyn and I watched with excitement as she dipped her hands in the paraffin wax and then exclaimed "my hands smell like peaches!"

It was also really nice having sister time. There's such an age gap and I live an hour away, so there's not much time for us to spend as just the three of us (although, we decided as we got our nails painted, that mom is coming next time).

After nails were polished and hands moisturized, we headed home to help set up for the party and I was assigned with the bracelet station. I was cool with it...as long as I could make my own. And I did. After everyone got a bracelet, of course. Kaitlyn's says "I <3 Tiffany" (<3!) Mine says "Kaitlyn Wins". Which is true.

Which brings me to David.

It's so nice to see her so happy with somebody. And it's so nice to see somebody else so happy with her! David and Kaitlyn match. As far as I can see, they are perfect for each other. He's romantic and treats her well...he hangs out with the family...and doesn't run away screaming. He can hold his own in a room packed with the seven of us. I don't know him well, but I see them together and how cute they act and I feel it.

So...I was afraid I had lost my party buddy for good when David came along (which is a natural part of life, I guess). I always look forward to being party buddies with Kait... But, actually, David was welcomed into the party buddy group and it really worked out well. The three of us had a lot of fun hanging out. :D

The kids were great. The party was a blast. I painted a couple bats on a couple cheeks, then we made David a tribal kitty, Kait an animal clown thing, and me a unicorn. Gage (the superhero) and Drake (the unicorn) played with the fire and ran around a bit. Oh...Gage also helped with the face paint. He was SO excited to participate and he did an awesome job with some full-face butterflies. He's so talented. I'm glad he has his art.

After a while, Kait, David, Gage, Drake and I played a game, which was HILARIOUS. Cora had a TON of fun with her friends. Pizza was for dinner and we ended the night with The Flintstones and some chit-chat.

Today was awesome too! Dad made breakfast (MY FAVE) and the two girls who spent the night, Cora and Shelby made Monkey Bread (#2 on my list!) We planned Thanksgiving and talked about everything over breakfast, then Madre and I took a tour around the premises, joined very quickly by Padre. I got to see all the wonderful things they're doing to the yard and where they're headed in the plans and we ended the tour with a ride in the tractor's wagon (?), given by me, for the little girls. Then, of course, Shelby and I got in the back and let Gage take us for a spin. It was so much fun. Dad took pictures and everyone chased after the tractor. Oh...don't forget...Betty got a nice view of the outside world. I don't think she'll be going outside again. (Betty is Kait's cat)

I haven't mentioned everything, but I'm getting super tired (probably from my fun-filled day) and I work in 7 hours.

I'm so happy for my family. They seem so much happier in their dream house (hence the word DREAM). I have so much fun with them. We're all so different, but all the same. I just can't wait until Drake's party!

Much love. Goodnight. <3

-Tiff




No comments:

Post a Comment