Thursday, February 24, 2011

Day 1


Okay. I'll admit. I didn't really want to take a picture of myself right now. This was taken in the last two weeks, though, so I'm going to say it counts. This is Day 1 of my challenge: Take a picture of yourself and list 15 interesting facts.

1. I don't remember many of my dreams, but the ones I do are usually outrageous. There are dreams I had as a small child that I still remember today. One of them involves Micki, my birth mother, turning into a monster and running after the rest of our family on an ice skating rink. The ice cracked and, underneath, was a hellish place filled with flames. O_O

2. I'm afraid of the dark. I've worked on getting over this fear...and if anybody else is afraid of the dark and it's necessary, I'm willing to face my fear, but it doesn't change the fact that I truly freak out when I can't see in front of my face.

3. I couldn't live without music. It gets me going and I have so many different cd's for different moods. I don't know what I would do if I were to go deaf. It would be devastating.

4. Although I'm not really great at it, I love playing guitar. Well, I love playing when nobody's around because I get nervous.

5. I have a severe case of stage fright in any situation involving public display of myself, however, I used to perform in an improv troop (LOVED IT) and I want to be a professor one day. I'll just go with it.

6. Sometimes I give off the impression that I'm a little bit of a jerk, but it's only because I'm sarcastic as hell. People can't always tell when I'm joking, so I have to say "Assume I'm joking unless I say otherwise".

7. My greatest romantic goal is to buy somebody flowers. The one time I bought a girl (my girlfriend at the time) a rose, she never got it. I delivered it to her work and she quit before she knew it was even there.

8. One of the reasons I was so excited to start school again was that I would be able to do math problems on a regular basis.

9. I'm so severely shy, it hurts sometimes. However, sometimes I even make an ass of myself trying to cover it up. Most of my "friends" laugh when I say I'm shy. They don't know what I'm really thinking, though.

10. If I could go anywhere in the world, it would be London. I hear it's stinky and overcrowded and nothing special. I don't care. I still really want to go one day.

11. If I stay away from home for longer than necessary, I start getting nervous. After a couple days, I get homesick.

12. Sometimes, I wonder what life would be like if I were born skinny. Other times I wonder what life would be like if I were born a boy. Neither of these things are desires of mine. They're just "what-ifs".

13. I find a little bit of my birth mother in every person I meet and a lot of her in myself. This makes life slightly difficult.

14. One of the reasons I don't want to talk to her is that I don't know how easily I'll cave when she starts crying.

15. Although I get claustrophobic sometimes, I feel like I'm happier than I've ever been just because I'm surrounded by the most amazing people in the world everyday.



2 comments:

  1. Tiffany, I know that it is a challenge to go from Tiffany and a couple roommates to Tiffany and two sisters and two brothers and two parents and a dog and a rat and 4 cats...but we are SOOOO glad you decided to move here - switch your focus in life, go back to school (SO proud), and get your financial life in focus.
    When you are ready to contact your birth mom, you'll know and we will be here to love and support you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see the effort and mindset that you have in making your life a more positive experience for you (and us). You would make a GREAT professor - you're on the right track for bigger and better things :) As far as Mickie goes, you just need to remember who she is and try not to relive her mistakes. You (and Kait) have turned out awesomely in spite of her, and we couldn't be happier that you're both in our everyday life.

    ReplyDelete